- 5 years on the wood and metal frame
- 5 years on springs and flexible suspensions
- 5 years on bearings
- 2 years on mechanisms (reclining, multi-position, electric motor and battery)
- 1 year on wood, upholstery (fabric, vinyl, leather and foams)
- 1 year on Technogel®
- 5 years on the wood frame
- Lifetime on drawer slides
During the warranty period, Dutailier may, at its discretion, either replace the defective product with an identical or similar item, or repair or replace the defective component.
The final decision on the assessment of the condition of the product, the cause or nature of the defect, and the method of settlement, depends entirely and exclusively on Dutailier.
Please note that all other expenses related to these warranties are not included (labour, shipping, etc.).
The following items are not considered manufacturing defects and cannot be covered by our warranty:
- Fading or wear due to direct exposure to the sun or proximity to a heat source
- Improper use of cleaning products
- Excessive use of a product
- Variation in the shade or texture of the wood
- Natural markings on the leather (fold, scar, etc.)
The following items are not covered by our warranty after delivery of the product:
- The costs and expenses incurred by the purchaser if they repair the product themselves or ask a third party to do it without having received prior authorisation from Dutailier or the retailer
- Any changes made to the product by the purchaser or a third party without prior authorisation by Dutailier
- Any servicing other than those mentioned by Dutailier
- Dirt, stains, tears, scratches
- Spots of organic or other liquids
- Fading or discolouring of the product’s wooden elements or upholstery due to the proximity of the product to a heat source that may damage the product, as well as exposure to sunlight or a light source harmful to these components
- Damage caused by the application of a chemical substance not recommended by Dutailier and the use of inappropriate cleaning products
- Damage resulting from incorrect or improper handling or transportation of the product by the purchaser
- Any imperfections or damage of the product should be reported to the retailer upon receipt otherwise any claim will be refused.
- An inspection of the product may be required by the retailer before a decision is made concerning the outcome. In all instances, the purchaser must present proof of purchase.
- In the event of a replacement, Dutailier will attempt to provide an identical product. However, we cannot guarantee the same shade of wood, or the same fabric nor the same vinyl or leather (including colour and shade). In no instance shall Dutailier exceed the cost of the initial purchase.
- If you have purchased services from other companies relating to fabric treatment, extended warranties or cleaning services not mentioned in this document, please contact these companies for a service request.
Contact our Customer Service Team
Call 1 800 363-9817 (toll free)
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET